Saturday 15 September 2012

Signs of Pilgrim Life

I had thought that I was travelling an impressively long way, and that only once I had passed Vezelay, or reached Le Puy, would I find much sign of Camino related life. However, already in Antwerp I passed a brass pilgrim shell in the pavement, and Namur has similar shells, a pilgrim church and a Rue de St Jacques. Anne-Marie, who hosted me here, had received, she estimated, about fifty camino pilgrims this year, mostly travelling from the Netherlands. She has a charming, large house and prepared a healthy dinner of stuffed courgettes and peppers. Anne Marie was the first of a nuber of contacts made through the Teams of Our Lady. I am chaplain to a Teams group, and Tom and Maureen Hoban made these contacts for me. So not so impressive after all!

1 comment:

  1. Mary went to Hereford Cathedral the other day and there is one of these on the floor outside it!! Once you know what to look for they seem to be everywhere :)
    Hope everything is going well and you're leaving your stress behind as you go
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete