Sunday 30 September 2012

What fruit did I cook?

An addition to the last blog.
One of the lovely things about travelling at this time of year is the fruitfulness of the land. Figs, apples, pears, melons, plums, grapes, peaches and pears are all being harvested, or just fill the trees that overhang the road. From one such tree I took what I at first thought were cooking apples, they were green and large, but in shape they were more pear like. When I got them out in the hostel in Moissac the consensus was they were neither that they were a fruit which had to be cooked or stewed. This was my plan anyway and they were great. My question is, were they quinces? Answers please.

1 comment:

  1. Always exciting when you're not quite sure what you've eaten. It does sound like a quince. Did it look like this inside?
    http://naperie.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/0081.jpg

    ReplyDelete